Top Ten Apps For The Construction Industry
Last week we brought you news of the increasing use of apps and other software within the construction industry and promised that we’d be taking a look at some of the apps that are most useful within the industry. Here are some of the most popular apps for both Apple and Android devices.
1. BIMx – won the Mobile Product of the Year award in 2012 at the Construction Computing Awards. This is a free, interactive 3-D communication and presentation tool for architectural designs and is available for both Android and Apple devices.
2. BaseStone is an East London tech start up that has launched its web and tablet app to the construction market following successful trials on Crossrail and High Speed 2 (HS2). The app enables users to share, snag, inspect, review and attach documents to drawings online and everything is automatically saved to the cloud which means no more lost data.
3. TG20: 13 eGuide App – this was developed in conjunction with TG20: 13 technical authors CADS and offers good practice guidance reports aimed at scaffolders in terms of tube and fitting scaffolding.
4. Blippar – this app provides innovative new ways for readers to access and see new content for Construction Index Magazine. It enables content in all media forms to be viewed, including videos and gifs.
5. ClockedIn – this is an app that tracks construction workers’ movements using GPS technology to identify the location of workers, providing detailed time records for every member of staff. The cloud based software was developed in order to allow users to maximise productivity, log in and out whilst on site and even request holiday and book in or out of jobs.
6. Brick Chooser App was released in 2013 and was created in order to allow customers to choose the bricks they prefer by filtering through various colours, textures, sizes and types of bricks. The app was developed by Ibstock, the UK’s largest brick manufacturer and allows users to access a whole library of bricks at the touch of a button.
7. ConstructionHelper – is available on Google Play and enables easy calculations for areas, total surface and price of surfaces groups, rectangular prism volumes, volume cost and weight, and total cost and weight of volumes groups.
8. ConstructionMasterPro – offers a range of calculators including feet-inch-fraction math calculators, and a version that can be used to estimate the materials needed for stair railing and fence projects.
9. BuildCalc – this delivers complete layouts of railings and staircase balusters and can easily be adjusted to offer the flexibility necessary for custom jobs.
10. Green Pro – this app allows architects, engineers, owners and contractors to understand, access and track Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design credits for new construction and major refurbishment projects. Users access credit requirements and can find out when a particular requirement has been met.