Ecobuild – Painting the UK’s Construction Industry Green
As the national Ladder Safety Month of March gets underway, we’re going to be focussing on a different aspect of this each week during the month. Safety in the workplace is a vitally important topic for us here at Safety Fabrications as we pride ourselves on manufacturing and providing safe access solutions to commercial and industrial customers both in the UK and overseas. However, that doesn’t mean to say that we’re not keeping up to date with other important news and events that are relevant to the construction industry as a whole, so today we’re going to look at another aspect of building – the environment and sustainability.
The Ecobuild 2018 Exhibition will be taking place at London’s Excel Centre from March 6 – 8 and you can get a free ticket to join more than 25,000 visitors who will be seizing this opportunity to visit the stands of more than 450 exhibitors.
Ecobuild is an industry event for the construction and energy markets and aims to inspire peers and provide a network platform with participants that include leading architects and professionals. The event focuses on the following six market priorities:
- Energy Efficiency
- Off-site Construction.
Several conferences and seminars will be held at Ecobuild, namely:
- Delivering the UN Sustainable Development Goal targets, the New Urban Agenda and the Paris Agreement
- Housebuilding – so much more than a numbers game
- London’s air pollution – ideas for a healthier and greener city
- Natural Capital – protecting nature in the built environment
- Is technology the lifeboat or are we clutching at straws?
- Advancing Net Zero – call all buildings be net zero carbon by 2050 and all new builds by 2030?
These seminars have been developed and curated with the help of leading industry partners and influencers in order to offer support, insight and real solutions to some of the biggest issues facing the UK’s construction and energy industries.
- Ecobuild will also feature four full-scale builds:
- Passive Pod House – a two storey residence which is the result of cross industry collaboration will be unveiled at the event.
- ZEDpods Fast Home – the latest prefabricated zero carbon home for compact living will also make its debut at Ecobuild.
- Brooke Homes – as an integral component of the Offsite district, a complete three-storey home built by the property development company will be showcased.
- AppiUK – will launch a range of innovative housing designs in the Offsite district.
If you’re wondering if it’s actually worth going to an industry event of this sort just take a look at some powerful reasons to attend:
Catch up with Trends – attending an event of this type is a great way of being on the cutting edge in your field. The conference is often where leading companies will debut new products or offer sneak previews of future developments. Staying ahead of the game in this way will ensure that you are knowledgeable and passionate about your work – a great way of presenting yourself during meetings and interviews.
Bolster your Network – this is the best opportunity you’ll get to mingle with the best and brightest in your industry. You can check out progress from industry innovators, trade ideas with like-minded people and keep an eye on what your competitors are up to and what your customers want. Whether you’re currently looking for a new job or you’re making a long-term effort to build a strong network of useful contacts for the future, an industry conference of this type is the most effective way of doing so.