Do you Want to Win an Award for Health and Safety?
Last year we gave you the lowdown on the Sword of Honour Award, an accolade granted to business sites that achieve a five star outcome after undergoing a British Safety Council (BSC) audit. The awards take place on an annual basis and this year’s deadline for entry has been extended until 2 September, 2016 in order to attract more entrants (and improve safety records here in the UK). This means that you still have plenty of time to nominate your company or qualify for the Sword of Honour and Globe of Honour awards for 2016.
The awards are open to business units and site from all business sectors, in all countries and the maximum five stars necessary are for audits achieved during the time period 1st August, 2015 – 31st July, 2016. The closing date for applications will be 2nd September, 2016 and the winners will be announced a few weeks later on 7th October.
Organisations that win awards will be invited to take part in a celebratory lunch on Friday, 25th November, 2016 at the Draper’s Hall, a historic building in the heart of London. The Drapers’ Hall was once the house of Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex and chief Minister to Henry VIII. The building was claimed by Henry VIII when Cromwell was executed in 1540 and then sold a couple of years later to the Drapers’ Guild for the princely sum of 1,800 marks (the equivalent of £1,200). Although the Hall was destroyed by the Great Fire of London it was rebuilt between 1667 and 1671.
You must be able to demonstrate that the company or organisation has a proven track record and a culture of best practice for excellence in health and safety or environmental management. These awards are a vital component in the British Safety Council’s drive to recognise and celebrate brilliant health, safety and environmental management in workplaces in the UK and around the world.
Winners attending the luncheon will be presented with their awards during a special ceremony, followed by a drinks reception before enjoying a delicious lunch. There are so many benefits to be gained from attendance, including:
· An official presentation photograph of you receiving your award
· Public recognition of your achievement amongst your industry peers
· A networking opportunity with other health, safety and environmental management professionals.
· A chance to celebrate and reward your staff for their achievement which will lead to enhanced morale in the workplace.
· Brand or company exposure and publicity following media coverage of the event.
· A press release template that you can use to publicise your achievement within your industry, to your clients/customers and within the wider general public.
· You’ll enjoy a first class dining experience in sumptuous, five star surroundings.
If you think you and your company has what it takes to stand head and shoulders above the crowd when it comes to issues of health and safety, head on over to the British Safety Council website and start the entry process now.